Workout Week 30.09–6.10.2013

In Workout Week posts I will tell you everything about my last week’s workouts.

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:”Table Normal”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:””; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} table.MsoTableGrid {mso-style-name:”Table Grid”; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-priority:59; mso-style-unhide:no; border:solid windowtext 1.0pt; mso-border-alt:solid windowtext .5pt; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-border-insideh:.5pt solid windowtext; mso-border-insidev:.5pt solid windowtext; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

On Monday I felt a little pain in my hips but still decided to go to BodyPump. Our instructor got injured right before the class. And she’s running a marathon on Saturday so I hope she recoveres. We had a substitute instructor Florian. OMG. He was just amazing! I really gave my all in that class like never before. He was so emotional and really managed to get us focus and push ourselves even more. I was in front row this class and it was so much better. I felt like my technique improved during that class. Awesome end to the day.

Tuesday was the day of strip aerobics. The same routine for the third class in a row. I have to tell you, it started to get a little boring. I hope the instructor has a new exciting routine for us next week. After the class, a girl approached me in the dressing room and told me she reads my blog. Thank you, Kristel, for coming up to me and saying that! It was lovely to put a name with the face. If any blog readers see me somewhere and want to say hi, please do! I loved it and kept smiling all evening long. It was the first time ever a blog reader has talked to me in real life.

Wednesday‘s body conditioning was absolutely great this week. We had a little bit of those crazy coordination exercises but I managed them. We did squats and other fun stuff that I enjoy. I also had the second heaviest bar at squats and that made me feel good. I saw some girls looking at me jealous/admiring and I liked that lol. I love when I can actually feel improvement and more strength while working out. In the evening I really started to get a little nervous about Saturday’s 10K race.

On Thursday I had an 8 AM workout so that I have maximum time for studying larer on. Well, since I went there on an empty stomach first thing in the morning, I thought it would be a nice idea to weigh myself. I hadn’t weighed myself in the morning for about 10 days since I don’t have a scale in the dorm room. I was hoping to be like half a kilo lighter. Oh, that didn’t happen. I was 1,5 kg HEAVIER than 10 days ago. I don’t understand that really. I feel like I look better but I’m gaining. God knows. Next time I will weigh myself in about 10 days back at home and we’ll see what happens. I’m not going to freak out right now. The workout itself was great: we used bosu balls and I managed to keep mu balance at all times! I used to be so bad at bosu, now I’m pretty good. 

Me still smiling after that horrible weigh-in.

In the evening I felt so tired and bad from sitting on my bum all day and studying so around 6 PM I went for a quick 40 minute walk before the sun went down. Forgot to take my gloves. It was so cold! But the walk gave me a nice amount of energy and fresh air. Really needed that after a day of researching books and papers. What made me worry though, were the anterior shin splints I’d been experiencing for about 2–3 days. I was really hoping they went away by race time on Saturday.

My Thursday walk in Tartu

Friday began quite late in the morning with an hour and 10 minute long powerwalk at 11 AM. The race center opened at noon, that’s why I didn’t go for a walk earlier, I didn’t want to chop up my day by going for a walk, studying half an hour, then heading out and coming back again. From my powerwalk I went straight to the center and got my start materials. Scary stuff! Nerves kicking in even more. 1 day left till the race!

Saturday was the day of the race! Post coming soon.

Sunday was rest day. I made a 1 hour 10 minute walk is the autumnal, cold and rainy weather.


In total:

  • 3 hours of walking

  • 1 hour 10 minutes of running

  • 2 hours 45 minutes of muscle workout

  • 1 hour of dancing

I had an amazing week. Next week will be lacking in muscle workout and have more cardio since I’m going home after being in Tartu for 2 weekends in a row. Usually that doesn’t happen: I go home every (other weekend). When I’m back at my real home, I’ll be doing some cardio, hopefully get to go swimming s well.

Lisa kommentaar

Täida nõutavad väljad või kliki ikoonile, et sisse logida: Logo

Sa kommenteerid kasutades oma kontot. Logi välja /  Muuda )

Twitter picture

Sa kommenteerid kasutades oma Twitter kontot. Logi välja /  Muuda )

Facebook photo

Sa kommenteerid kasutades oma Facebook kontot. Logi välja /  Muuda )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.